I can’t think of a more favorite summer dessert than this fluffy mousse, my grandma used to make it for me when I was a kid. It’s perfectly light and airy, couldn’t be easier, and if made with the right version of ingredients not all that bad for you.
Fluffy Raspberry Mousse
• 1 C near boiling water
• 3 oz package raspberry Jello (Or any flavor, really. I used sugar-free.)
• 8 oz cream cheese (I used fat free)
• 1 container Cool Whip (Again, I used fat free)
In a small bowl, combine near boiling water and Jello. Stir until dissolved, then set aside to slightly cool. In a medium bowl use a hand mixer to beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Pour Jello water into cream cheese, carefully mix on low until there are no lumps. Allow mixture to cool to room temperature, then fold Cool Whip in. (This takes longer than any other step, they take a few minutes to incorporate together.) Cover with plastic wrap or lid and refrigerate for two hours, then serve.
1. Layer between graham crackers before refrigerating for a yummy icebox cake.
2. Add cottage cheese before refrigerating for some texture.
3. Chop up some corresponding fresh fruit to mix in.
4. Crush up some graham crackers and sprinkle on top when served.