What is it about the new year that makes us take stock of our lives and ourselves? Time inevitably moves forward no matter what we do, but there’s just something about throwing the old calendar out and starting the new that makes us all take a closer look. After making my yearly goals (not resolutions) I found myself reading Erin‘s post about the exact opposite – non-goals. And I started thinking about the things that I manage to accomplish fairly well and would hate to change about myself.
- Keep finding amazing friends. You have a knack for knowing who you’re going to gel with immediately.
- Keep putting family first. They’re always there for you in the end.
- Keep having a soft spot for animals. They need you just as much as you need them.
- Keep up with the mad organization skills. They always pay off.
- Keep on learning, even from the most down and out circumstances. Life is a series of lessons.
- Keep trusting. (Maybe just listen to your gut a little more this year.)
- Keep taking risks. Even when they seem like safe bets to others.
- Keep taking naps. You’re really, really good at them.
- Keep staying true to yourself.
- Keep not settling. You’ll only regret it if you do.
What things about yourself are A-OK by you?
11 Comments on “2011 Non-Goals”
Leave a Comment