Loving the illustrated style of Social Assembly‘s Jessica Eckert and all of the high quality cards, prints, and home goods the shop has to offer. Bonus: all products are made in the USA!
01/ A placemat set that features engineering blueprints for different foods.
02/ Bookhive is an interactive library display full of 400 “moving” books!
03/ Transfer, a project where partially painted hands blend into the landscape.
04/ A printable Letter to Santa if anyone in your house still needs to write theirs.
05/ In Variable Face a 22-year-old hides behind ordinary objects in a beautiful way.
06/ A quirky outdoor embroidery project that I looove!
07/ A beautiful photo series of the Texas tradition of homecoming mums entitled Mum.
08/ It’s late for holiday cards, but here are 14 cards to wish someone a Happy New Year!
09/ This marks 24 years of Sweden’s Ice Hotel and it’s inspired by Frankenstein.
10/ Create your own (virtual) snowflakes!
This week on Design Crush:
Have a listen to this month’s Mix #31: Everybody’s Got a Secret to Hide.
The December edition of eight art prints I can’t get out of my head.
This Cranberry Eggnog Bread is just the thing for Christmas morning!
Ten of my favorite December DIYs.
You’re invited to my (imaginary) holiday appetizer party!
Incredible hyper-real paintings of poorly wrapped packages by Yrjö Edelmann.
The only party clutch you’re ever need.
Our last round – part 7 – of holiday card covering.
The biggest giveaway we’ve ever hosted – $500 worth of dinnerware from Mud Australia!!!
1.‘Tis the Season by Bottle Stock 2.For the Tree by Red Cap Cards 3.Scandinavian Christmas Postcards by Baba Souk 4. Season’s Greetings by LEIF 5.Fox in the Snow by Moorea Seal 6. Happiest Holidays by Lindsay Letters 7.Keep Drinking by W+K Studio Goodness 8.Every Last Santa by Imaginary Animal 9.Days of Yore Postcards by The Great Lakes 10.Reindeer Card Set by Scout’s Honor Co.
1. Happy Holidays by Crane & Co. for J.Crew 2. Holiday Nest by An Open Sketchbook 3. gee whiskers by fancy seeing you here 4. Holiday House by Red Cap Cards 5. Happy Holidays by Swash Letterpress + Design 6. Happy & Delightful by Sugar Paper LA 7. Polar Bear by Alice Potter 8. Happy Hot Chocolate Season by Grey Moggie Press 9. Be Merry Stripes by Hello Lucky Press 10. Warmest Wishes by One Plus One Design 11. Letterpress Christmas Cards by Duet Letterpress 12. Fox in the Snow by Red Cap Cards
1. Holiday Beer by Snow & Graham 2. All is Calm, All is Bright by Thimblepress 3. Vintage Glass Baubles by Banquet Atelier & Workshop 4. Merry and Bright by An Open Sketchbook Design Studio 5. Little Lotte & Bear by Imogen Owen 6. Merry Christmas by Ecojot 7. Golden Snowflakes by Moorea Seal 8. Warm Wishes by Moorea Seal 9. Holiday Cheer by Dan Cassaro 10. Holiday Kaleidoscope by UnderConsideration
1. You and You and You by People I’ve Loved 2. Cat Holiday Card by Hillary Bird 3. Half a Turkey by make-do 4. Christmas Vacation by Boxcar Press 5. Feliz Navidad Card by Rifle Paper Co. 6. Happy Holidays Printable Card by 10 ante meridiem 7. Holiday Cheer Letterpress Christmas Card by Rafftruck Designs 8. Fala Lala La by Whimsy Whimsical 9. Give Thanks Be Joyful Card by Sugar Paper, Los Angeles 10. Happiest of Holidays Cards by The Social Type
1. Triangle Tree – Honey & Bloom 2. Tis the Season to be Jolly Letterpress Greeting Card – Wiley Valentine 3. Have a Merry Little Christmas Letterpress Card – Sparkvites 4. Happiest of Holidays To You Christmas Card – jolie made 5. All Is Calm Illustrated Card – 1canoe2 6. The Most Wonderful Time Holiday Neon Letterpress Cards – Paper Lovely 7. Happy Christmas Cards – Beau Ideal Editions 8. Merry & Bright – Lindsay Letters 9. Gold Foil Calligraphy Card Set – Julie Song Ink 10. Comfort and Joy Holiday Cards – Alethea and Ruth
1. Screenprinted Holiday Cards by Allison Cole 2. 2013 Holiday Cards by Fair Morning Blue 3. Ornaments by Red Cap Cards 4. Rainbow Santa Cards by Love Love Me Do 5. Comfort and Joy by Maple and Belmont 6. Christmas Cards by Zoe Tilley Poster 7. Merry Everything & Happy Always by Smock 8. Merry Christmas Letterpress by Foglio Press 9. Tree Cards by 10 ante meridiem 10. Merry Christmas by Michele Maule
Because Thanksgiving is falling so close to the end of November this year, it really feels (to me) like I’m rolling out holiday coverage early. I’m so thrown off, it seems like we’re going to carve the turkey and Christmas is going to be the very next week! Which is also why I wrote out my holiday cards last week. There are so many incredibly designed/illustrated/written creations that I thought it was high time to start passing them your way.
1. Holiday Paint Card Set – Yellow Owl Workshop 2. Joy to the World – Sycamore Street Press 3. Season’s Greetings Dots – Happy Cactus Designs 4. A Very Merry Christmas – 1canoe2 5. Set of 14 Christmas Cards – House That Lars Built 6. Mid-Century Holiday Ornaments – Moxie House Paper Goods 7. Pop, Fizz, Clink – Kate Spade New York 8. Mulled Wine – memo 9. All is Calm. All is Bright. – Prickle Press 10. Jubilee Christmas Collection – Darling Clementine
With the holidays just around the corner you might be wondering why I’d share a roundup of cards, so let me explain. Holiday cards are bit expected, mid-autumn cards are not. It’s a sweet way to let someone know you’re thinking about them before the madness of late November through early January strikes hard and fast, or to thank someone for a generosity before you get wrapped up in the season yourself. Snail mail always wins!
ROW 1: The Communicate Notecard Set by Olive and the Volcano Letterpress // You & Me, Friends Forever by Whimsy Whimsical // Greetings Notecards by The First Snow ROW 2: Thank You Citrus Cards by Bears Eat Berries // Greetings, Dear Friend Cards by Honey & Bloom ROW 3: Whales Box Set by Enormous Champion // What Up Notecard Set by LEIF // Night Light by Red Cap Cards