01/ This large-scale geometric projection in Paris is stunning.
02/ A chandelier that projects tree shadows!
03/ Epcot’s Spaceship Earth turned into an animated Mike Wazowski to promote new film.
04/ Vertigo-inducing POV footage of the spire being raised at One World Trade Center.
05/ The prettiest ad for funeral home services ever.
06/ A beautiful shimmering chain-link fence installation.
07/ Photographer Jaime Moore took photos of her daughter dresses as five historical women.
08/ Who knew cross-sections of food could be so interesting??
09/ Here is Today puts time in perspective.
10/ When a real dog is too much, Invisible Dogs in Poland is juuust right.
Click on each image to go to the project.
All photos copyright of their respective sites unless otherwise noted.
01/ A necklace of family memories.
02/ And then a giant duck floated down the River Thames.
03/ I want to swing on this art exhibit so badly!
04/ A nativity for the minimalist.
05/ Printable wrapping paper for classic video game lovers.
06/ A lamp that blows bubbles!
07/ Beautiful architectural watercolors.
08/ How babies are really made.
09/ Sculptures made of thousands of pennies.
10/ A clever Urban Shelf.
Hello! My name is Jen and I write the blog, Honey Kennedy. I’m happy to be here while my pal Kelly is immersing herself in Italian design and culture (read: I wish I was with her! Ha.). Magnifico! Brava!
I’ve been pinning a lot of design inspiration lately and thought I’d share some of the lovely things I’ve pinned. I love this season most of all! It’s all so good — the cozy fashion, yummy recipes and, of course, nestling in at home always rules. Have a wonderful weekend! Thanks for hanging out with me today. Come visit me on Honey Kennedy sometime!
1. I love this pink clouds print by Debbie Carlos. I bought one — it’s gorgeous!
2. These London Gardens earrings by Janine Arnold are so cool. And that cat looks fierce.
3. These herb drying outtake photographs from Parker Fitzgerald’s Kinfolk Magazine shoot are magic.
4. My sneak peek of a beautiful collection from one of my favorite designers, Colenimo.
5. This lavender hot chocolate recipe is so simple good. I like to add extra lavender!
6. I love this spear basket from the glorious new Ferm Living collection.
7. I LOVE this tile work by Studio Too Good. LOVE.
8. I have this wonderful lamp from Schoolhouse Electric. The craftsmanship is absolutely incredible.
9. A fantastic little polka dot handbag from Made by Hank.
10. I love this dining room from an Elle Decor Italy shoot in Saint Tropez from 2010. The chairs!
11. These Arcos earrings from Stone & Honey are so strong and elegant. Her designs are beauties.
12. I definitely want to make this Guinness beer cake this fall! YUM!!
As the holidays edge ever closer, the DIY gods smile down upon us ever often. Or such is the case so far this month. There have been more creative DIYs than I can keep track of, but these ten have stuck in my mind. Have you seen any great projects lately?
Click on the image to be take to the tutorial.
Loving the T1895 concept lamp by Bernardita Marambio B. A simple printed paper shade is designed as a color-by-number that be customized any way you like. Modeled after traditional Tiffany-style lighting, I’m willing to bet big bucks on this being gads more affordable should it ever come to fruition! (via Design Milk)
I admit it, I’m a romantic at heart. And when I read that Samuel Wilkinson’s Vessel Series was inspired by a ship in a bottle it made me love it all the more. The blown glass fixtures were created specifically to show off the Plumen 001 bulb, a beauty in its own right. When lit the glass illuminates, showing off the bulb rather than concealing it. The Vessel Series consists of three pieces, each of which features a cut that allows it either to be suspended or set on a surface.
These Cilindro Pendant Lights are modern, fun, and colorful. They come in both solid and pierced designs, and I’m not positive but I think one might look perfect over the desk in my studio. *wink*
01/ Portraits made from wine stains.
02/ Candy and ice cream used to create disturbing war wounds.
03/ A fantastic chandelier made from old globes. Incredible.
04/ Money bowls! Made from actual money, of course.
05/ Translucent, glass-like potato chips? You can make them.
06/ Wear your status with this jewelry collection.
07/ Wish I could have played in this giant game of truth or dare!
08/ A graphic look at eight years of marriage.
09/ Art from the depths.
10/ The Post-ITable!