CB2 has some great pieces out for the start of 2013, and these iron Flask Vases are one of my favorites. I love that they can either serve their intended purpose as a vessel for flowers or stand alone as a sculptural piece.
A few weeks ago I was taking a look through the past year in posts and decided to put together a Top 40 collection for 2012. I had hoped to spread it out over a few days and organize everything a bit, but a family death and extended stay in Pennsylvania over the holidays set me back and I had to lump it all together. Thank you so much for continuing to help make this site such an amazing part of my daily life – here’s to 2013!
I recently had a chance to pair up with Scandinavian design shop Son+Dotter to do a little styling with two Danish trays from Johansen & Faurschou. The trays are simple and perfect and I played around with arranging them for the holiday as well as every day. Pop over to Son+Dotter to read more about it and shop Sabrina’s beautiful collection of pieces!
I’m pleased as punch to be part of Imm Living’s Choo Choo Chooses Thanksgiving Edition! About a month ago they asked me to choose a handful of things to style around my home, and since Imm has the most amazing white ceramic accessories it really couldn’t have been any easier. Take a look…
The bear Hunter’s Den Decorative Tray makes the perfect spot for my discarded tea bag, especially since I like to try and use each one twice!
The large Pedigree Collection Container fits in perfectly with my white vases. So far it’s made everyone take a second look!
Some of the only plants I’m able to grow are herbs, and they tend to run rampant in my kitchen. My blue mouflon Watering Hole Cruet is living next to the out-of-control basil and acting as a watering can!
This Totem Cup Set is one of my favorites! How can you not love their mischievous faces? They’re currently residing next to my dry goods to show off their tall and narrow look when stacked. Can’t wait to use them for hot chocolate this winter.
The deer Royal Tine Jewelry Holder is perfect for organizing the pieces I wear most, and I keep it close at hand on one of my bedside tables.
A business gal has got to have her office in order, and this pretty little Feather Card Holder is the perfect thing to keep my cards close at hand.
Oh, and that little mention of a giveaway? Well. One of you has the chance to win EVERYTHING I just mentioned. Yup, all six pieces.
This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to #140 Kirsten!
1. Leave a comment telling me which piece is your favorite.
2. Make sure the email address you leave is valid.
3. Do it all before Monday, November 19th at midnight CST.
(You can read the full rules + disclosures right here.)
Hello! My name is Jen and I write the blog, Honey Kennedy. I’m happy to be here while my pal Kelly is immersing herself in Italian design and culture (read: I wish I was with her! Ha.). Magnifico! Brava!
I’ve been pinning a lot of design inspiration lately and thought I’d share some of the lovely things I’ve pinned. I love this season most of all! It’s all so good — the cozy fashion, yummy recipes and, of course, nestling in at home always rules. Have a wonderful weekend! Thanks for hanging out with me today. Come visit me on Honey Kennedy sometime!
1. I love this pink clouds print by Debbie Carlos. I bought one — it’s gorgeous!
2. These London Gardens earrings by Janine Arnold are so cool. And that cat looks fierce.
3. These herb drying outtake photographs from Parker Fitzgerald’s Kinfolk Magazine shoot are magic.
4. My sneak peek of a beautiful collection from one of my favorite designers, Colenimo.
5. This lavender hot chocolate recipe is so simple good. I like to add extra lavender!
6. I love this spear basket from the glorious new Ferm Living collection.
7. I LOVE this tile work by Studio Too Good. LOVE.
8. I have this wonderful lamp from Schoolhouse Electric. The craftsmanship is absolutely incredible.
9. A fantastic little polka dot handbag from Made by Hank.
10. I love this dining room from an Elle Decor Italy shoot in Saint Tropez from 2010. The chairs!
11. These Arcos earrings from Stone & Honey are so strong and elegant. Her designs are beauties.
12. I definitely want to make this Guinness beer cake this fall! YUM!!
Hi friends! Erin from Apartment 34 here and I’m thrilled to help keep Design Crush warm while Miss Kelly is away. And since she’s in one of my very favorite places in the world – Italia – probably unearthing amazing design, I decided to take a crack at something similar. Only from the comforts of my couch (I begged her to take me in her suitcase but va’ bene (so it goes!).
So I give you Four Design Crush-worthy Finds. I do hope you all agree! Bon Viaggio Kelly, and thanks again for having me.
As the holidays edge ever closer, the DIY gods smile down upon us ever often. Or such is the case so far this month. There have been more creative DIYs than I can keep track of, but these ten have stuck in my mind. Have you seen any great projects lately?
Click on the image to be take to the tutorial.
A beautifully crafted collection of jars created by Ben Fleiss for LIEF, each a study in ceramic chemistry. For me, the contrasting rubber band is the icing on the cake. Or maybe it’s the color combinations. Or the speckles. Fine, it’s all of it.
I think The All White American Flag is good stuff. For all of 2011 I had an American flag hanging on my living room wall just like the one above, but it never could shake that college dorm look to me. This. This is the stuff. (via design for mankind)