A roundup of my favorites from the past week, a few printables and a wish for a Happy Weekend! Also, a reminder that you only have until Monday at 9am CST to enter Win It: THe Paper Apartment. So hop to it!
• in my family wine is a big deal during the holidays so I’m digging this Thanksgiving Wine Guide :: Sippity Sup
• enviable Thanksgiving invitations :: Oh So Beautiful Paper
• make your own coffee stencil! :: How About Orange
• don’t have a clue what to cook up for Thanksgiving? check out 172 recipes from 9 leading food magazines :: The Bitten Word
• check out the new design look on Unruly Things!
• don’t miss a week full of apple recipes :: A Field Journal
• get your mind churning over homemade holiday gifts with these ideas :: Wiley Valentine
• take a trip over to Feather Report to see my week of outfits
• a pale and pretty fall download from Ez :: Creature Comforts
• a sweet CD template and playlist suggestions for wedding or party favors :: Benign Objects
• printable pumpkin goodies :: Love. Obsess. Inspire.
• write a note on this downloadable set of stitchy stationery :: Bread of Many
• download these ABC cards and join in on a birthday tradition :: Design*Sponge
Tonight I’ll be baking this for my family’s annual dessert-off. Wish me luck! Tomorrow is one of the only “off” days of my year where I actually set the alarm clock so that I can watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. It’s been a tradition since I was a kid and I don’t plan on stopping any time soon! Then it’s off to my mom and stepdad’s for loads of grub.
I’ll be taking Thursday and Friday off in every way possible, but see you Monday to kick off the holidays!
Lots and Lots of Thankfulness for …
… the very best friends and family and gal could ask for
… the new(ish) roof over my head
… my awesome job when so many are lacking even a crappy one
… two fuzzy kitten-cats waiting for me at the door
… my relatively decent health
:: photo via ffffound
Everyone needs a drink or ten to get through the holidays. Especially when it involves family!
- 1 Macintosh apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 1/2 ounces Bulldog gin
- 1/3 ounce simple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 ounces spiced apple cider (preferably Reed’s brand)
Muddle 2 slices of the apple in the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Combine the gin, simple syrup and lemon juice in the cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously. Pour into a Collins glass over ice. Add spiced apple cider. Garnish with more apple slices. If you like, rim the glass with cinnamon and sugar before mixing the cocktail. Serves 1.
:: cocktail recipe and photo via NY Daily News
- 3 oz gin
- 1 1/2 oz apple cider syrup (see link)
- 1/4 oz pomegranate syrup (see link)
- 1/4 oz Tuaca
Shake gin and apple cider syrup together with ice and strain into a cinnamon-sugar rimmed cocktail glass. Stir Tuaca and pomegranate syrup together and pour into the center of the glass. Serves 1.
:: cocktail recipe and photo via rejiggered
- 2 oz Partida Reposado Tequila
- 1 oz fresh lime/lemon juice mix
- splash of pumpkin puree
- sesame seeds
- lime wedge
Rim a cocktail glass with lime juice and sesame seeds. Mix ingredients in a shaker with ice and shake well. Strain into cocktail glass. Garnish with a lime wedge. Serves 1.
:: cocktail recipe and photo via Talk Drinks
We had our office Thanksgiving today – all four of us – and it was a day-long event. Pumpkin bagels for breakfast, out for lunch, then pumpkin pie and topping with eggnog in the afternoon. And you know what? I feel like I could explode. Like I need to undo the button on my jeans. I always forget how horrible being really truly FULL feels. And all I can say for it is this: UGH. Oh, and that I’ll be having water for dinner. Thank you.
:: photo via ffffound
Can’t you see a mantle with a line of these darling book pumpkins on it? I can also see it working for other shapes awesomely.
:: via CRAFT
I won’t be posting again until Monday, but then the Christmas Madness is on.
:: image via Veer