We’ve all been there, a holiday party pops up or escapes your mind until the last minute and you’re left without a hostess gift. Of course it’s not a requirement to bring one, but it’s especially nice during the holiday season to thank the person/people welcoming you into their home with a little something special. Extra points for it not being a bottle of wine or bouquet you picked up at the gas station on the way over. Here are ten I’d still be smiling about the day after receiving, just click on the image to go to the project source.
All photos copyright of their respective sites.
Vertical Row 1: Porcelain Santa // Sentimental Ceramic Gift Tag Set // Agate Ornament // Woodland Bronze Creatures
Vertical Row 2: Dip-Dyed Apple Green Ball // Natural Himmeli Ornaments // Origami Cub // Mercury Glass Monogram // Sputnik Ornament
Vertical Row 3: Porcelain Woodland Animal Set // Golden Nugget // Sequin Bow // Birds of a Feather Set of 7
I put my tree up earlier this year than ever, the Monday before Thanksgiving (I blame it on a thing called “Blog Time”). The dogs stared at it like I was completely messing with their minds, while the cats couldn’t wait to nap under it and chew on the lower branches. This was the first year where I didn’t have to use what I refer to as filler ornaments, cheap boxes of bulbs to fill in the empty spots between the ornaments I actually like. I finally have enough baubles for my silver, clear, pink, and blue glass tree – it was sort of momentous. The only new additions were a shiny silver starburst, a big white metal feather, a silver owl, and a mercury glass K (like the monogram above). Oh, and a silver-gold star for the tippy-top.
So, is your tree up and twinkling yet? Do you always put it up on the same day every year or just play it by ear?
Row 1: Straw-Burst Wreath // Flapper Trees // Pinata Tree
Row 2: Giant Wall Art Christmas Tree // PVC Pipe Wreath // Fringed Ornament Garland
Row 3: Toothpick Stars // Paper Village
Row 4: Ombre Glass Ornaments // Paper Oak Leaf Garland // Holiday Snowflakes
Row 5: Paper Wreath // Astronomical Accent // Glass Tinsel Ornaments
I’m so excited to be a Merry Blogger for 24 Merry Days! Audrey from This Little Street is the mastermind who rounded up a great group of bloggers who will be doing a giveaway (or two) from December 1st through the 24th, brilliant right? After all, this is the time of year to spread a little cheer if there ever was one. The project’s site is lovely and gives you a heads up as to which giveaway is which day on which blog. (Mine is the 11th!) And let me tell you, we have some amazing sponsors giving away things you’ve been coveting all year. I’ll be tweeting which blog is doing the giveaway each day, so I hope you’ll follow along with me at @designcrush if you’re not already. I’m so ready to give away all of the things!!
Check out Jason Dean’s latest screen print, Day and Night at Christmas. It features a few well-known holiday movie scenes and glows when the lights go out, in true light up night fashion.
1. Pine Ornament Card by Rifle Paper Co.
2. Alpine Holiday Cards by Avie Design
3. Where The Treetops Glisten Holiday Card by The Nimbus Factory
4. Evergreen Card Set by Darling Clementine
5. Chalkboard A2 Holiday Cards from Paper Source
6. Blackbird Wreath Card by Red Cap Cards
7. Blustery Brownstone by Rocket Ink
8. Animal Sweaters Holiday Card by Hello! Lucky
9. Figgy Pudding Holiday Postcards by Wit & Whistle
10. A Scandinavian Christmas by Karte Design Fabrik
11. Holiday Ombre Letterpress Cards by Flora and Fauna
12. Peace Card by Design des Troy
13. Christmas Joy Wreath by one/lantern
14. Reindeer in People Sweater by Man vs George
15. ‘Tis The Season To Be Jolly by Prickle Press
16. Triangle Trees Card by Pearenthetical Press
17. Letterpress Notecard Set by Thimble Press
18. Merry and Bright Letterpress Holiday Card by Dear Lola Letterpress
19. Christmas Pudding Holiday Card by nane press
20. Constellation Holiday Card by nane press
21. Merry Christmas You’re Awesome by Hello Small World
22. May Your Christmas Be Merry & Bright by Stone and Feather Paper
23. Snow Crystal Holiday Cards by rendij
24. Merry Merry Letterpress Printed Card by Tabletop Made
25. Peace on Earth Holiday Card by Two Pooch Paperie
26. Letterpress Happy Holidays Card by Foglio Press
27. Winter Wonderland Holiday 2012 by Spring Olive
28. Merry Merry Letterpress Card by Parrott Design Studio
29. Couple Bringing Home the Tree with Dog by Moontree Letterpress
30. Pop Fizz Letterpress Card by Anemone Letterpress
31. Holiday Cards by Studio255
32. Happy Holidays Card by Downtime Collective
33. Paper Cut Out Card by Red Cap Cards
34. Holiday Lamp Post by Kate & Birdie Paper Co.
35. Merry & Bright! Mini by Lindsay Letters
36. Season’s Greetings Rabbit Note Card by Banquet Atelier & Workshop
37. Merry and Bright Confetti by Sugar Paper
38. Tis the Season by Sent Well
39. Santa Card by Quill & Fox
40. Fizzy Bubbles by Fig. 2 Design Studio
41. Merry Christmas by hartland brooklyn card co.
42. 101 Ornaments by Mr. Boddington’s Studio
43. Mistletoe & Holly Card by Shanna Murray
44. Happy Happy Holidays Card by Molly Jacques Illustration & Design
45. Tis the Season Card by Maple and Belmont
46. Winter Wishes Note Card by Letter & Lark
47. Christmas Cards by Ink Drop Design
48. Warmest Wishes Holiday Cards by Jack and Ella Paper
49. Falling Stars Christmas Cards by Sweet Bella Stationery
50. Christmas Holiday Card by Pearenthetical Press
51. Baby It’s Cold Outside by Foreign Spell
52. Twelve Days of Christmas Greeting Cards by Crafted By Lindy
53. Merry and Bright Illustrated Holiday Cards by Bubby and Bean
54. Christmas Tangled Lights Card Pack by Hen Pen Designs
I’ve been writing out and sending Christmas cards since my early teens. What can I say, I love sending mail! In all those years I’ve never once ordered pre-printed cards, but I thought this might be the perfect year for it with how busy I’ve been. I immediately knew that Minted was my destination, their extensive collection of holidays cards is always top notch.
I chose this clean, modern design by Kelli Hall, I love the sentiment. Minted also offers an amazing triple thick paper as an option, it makes your cards feel like a million bucks!
The address wrap and kraft paper envelope option gave my cards just the feeling I was looking for. My only regret was not ordering an extra 25, seems I completely underestimated my mailing list!
Less than two weeks left until the start of December, which means it’s time to start thinking about advent calendars! Is it a tradition your family goes all out for? I grew up with an advent calendar every year (usually the paper ones with flaps from Hallmark), and continue to carry on the tradition. And I still look forward to opening one door every morning for the first 24 days of December. Here are my favorites this year – some are DIY and some are not, but all are awesome. (Click on the image to go to the link.)
All photos copyright of their respective sites.
01/ A Banoffee Pie Milkshake – YUM.
02/ Baby Vincent’s Daydreams, illustrated!
03/ My favorite free printable 2013 calendar.
04/ Pretty handmade floral wallpaper.
05/ Adorable wooden breadboard cat.
06/ The Infinite Jukebox, turn any song into an infinite remix.
07/ This poster is such a great Christmas tree alternative.
08/ These panoramas of New York churches are stunners.
09/ These soap stones would make great stocking stuffers, right?
10/ Love this gold cat ears ring!
ILLUSTRATION: Charley Harper
Hope you’re having a sweet day filled with family, friends, and memories in them making. Merry Christmas!